NHS Couch to 5K
Healthy changes start with little changes. Whether you want to lose weight, get more active or improve your mood, Better Health and Couch to 5K will be here to support you.
Millions of people have already started their running journey with the Couch to 5K plan, now it’s your turn! There has never been a better time to kickstart your health. Download this app, get off the couch and we’ll help you reach your health goals.
It’s an easy to follow programme known the world over, and perfect for those new to running and need some extra support and motivation along the way.
The app in partnership with the BBC features a selection of great trainers to guide and support and motivate you at every step of the way, telling you when to run and when to walk, from comedians Sarah Millican and Sanjeev Kohli, presenter Jo Whiley, and our very own Laura, who have now helped millions of people like you start their own running journeys.
Couch to 5K features:
- A flexible programme that can be completed in as little as 9 weeks, or longer if you want to go at your own pace
- Easy to follow countdown timer so you can see and well as hear how long you’ve got left of each run
- Works alongside your preferred music player, automatically ‘dipping’ the volumes so you can hear the instructions and motivations from your chosen trainer
- Offers timely tips and motivations to keep you on your fitness journey
- Signals a half-time bell when you get half way, so you know when to head home!
- Lets you track your progress and awards achievements as you move through the runs
- Connects you with likeminded people through the Couch to 5K online communities.